During the period from Monday, April 22 through Monday, April 29, the Newport Police Department responded to 609 calls. Of those, 153 were motor vehicle related; there were 125 motor vehicle violations issued and 28 accident reports.
Police responded to 4 noise violations, 8 calls of vandalism, 18 animal complaints, 17 suspicious persons or vehicles, 3 private tows and 79 parking complaints. They performed 13 school security checks, 14 home/business alarm calls/checks, and transported 5 prisoners. They assisted 11 other police departments and 4 other agencies.
In addition, 17 arrests were made for the following violations:
- 4 were made for domestic disorderly conduct
- 4 were made for disorderly conduct
- 2 were made for obstructing an officer
- 1 was made for shoplifting
- 1 was made for domestic breaking and entering
- 1 was made for DUI
- 1 was made for willful trespassing
- 1 was made possession of drugs with the intent to manufacture or deliver
- 1 was made for possession of narcotics
- 1 was made for bench warrants